|Sample submission instructions
|Frequently asked questions
1. Collect tissue in 0.2 ml 8-tube strips. Mark the tubes to make the strain and animal ID identifiable. Please do
NOT use individual 0.2 ml tubes or tear off un-used tubes even if you have fewer than 8 samples. Do NOT combine
two mouse lines in the same strip.
2. Immediately submerge mouse tissue in alcohol (70% - 95% EtOH). The samples can then be stored at room
3. Enter the mouse line name, animal ID and PCR requirement in "Sample Submission Form".
4. Write your initials followed by the strip number on the SIDE (not on the cap) of the 8-tube strip, starting from left,
the beginning end of the strip. (eg. JD1 for Jane Doe strip 1) The strip IDs (JD1, JD2, etc.) help us quickly and
correctly arrange the strips according to your order.
5. Drop off samples together with submission form according to arrangement with GeneTyper.
Thanks for your order.
How much tail should I cut?
- 1/8 inch (2-3mm), length of a typed "t".
What is the catalog number for the 0.2ml 8-tube
What if the strip breaks?
- 0.2ml strip tubes with strip caps, catalog #
3418 from Molecular BioProducts. Distributed
by Fisher under Fisher Catalog # 21-236-68,
VWR under Catalog # 53225-644.
- Transfer the samples to an intact strip. Use
the recommended brand.
Why can't I break the strip or load two strains?
- Our high throughput format requires that the
strips are intact and only one strain is in each
How long can it be delayed before ethanol is
- Within 4 hours of cutting. Otherwise, the
sample may deteriorate.
What if it leaks?
- Make sure it doesn't. Alcohol will erase the
Do I need to label the cap of the strip?
- No. The cap will be removed, although you
might want to label it for your own
What if I forget to label the strip with the identifying
initials and number?
- If we can't figure it out, your order will be
delayed or returned.
Will the samples be returned?
- Correctly submitted samples will NOT be
returned, although special arrangement can
How long do you keep the samples?
Can I submit the sample information electronically?
- Yes. After your first order an account will be
set up for you for future online ordering.
- For first-timers, hand fill out this PDF:
|© 2006-2017 GeneTyper - Mouse Genotyping Service
U.S.: 646-258-8605 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org New York, New York
Europe: email@example.com Oxford, UK